Young Professional Women Australia (YPWA) was born out of a recognised opportunity to establish a peer-to-peer networking community for like-minded professional women under the age of 40. Our focus is to support women to be their own best advocates, career enablers, and drivers for success. We help them get clear about what they want, develop a plan to make it happen, and support them to step up and create the life they deserve, doing what they love, and earning what they are worth.
Our community provides an opportunity to connect with like-minded women and build networks that support career goals. Access free webinars, networking events, and more via YPWA Connect on Facebook.
We are active within our society to advocate for the issues affecting our members through research, contributing to current discussions on panels, publishing articles, and supporting the development of internal women’s groups in organisations to drive change.
Community because we don’t need to do this alone
Connection to self and others
Confidence to dream big and ask
50:50 all the way
We believe that gender balance applies at all levels throughout the organisation at home and in our community. We are passionate about developing a pipeline of talented women rich with diverse skills, capabilities and experiences so we can achieve gender balance across all industries, levels and organisations.
- Increase career clarity and build 3-5 year career plans for all women
- Increase the confidence, resilience and empowerment of professional females to pursue their goals
- Provide female leaders access to peer and career coaching and encourage them to build a supportive network
- Decrease the Gender Pay Gap and empower women to negotiate salaries that are fair and reflect the value they add
- Provide a platform for corporate women to build a powerful network to support their personal and professional growth
- Increase the labour force participation rate of women by decreasing the level of underemployment
- Plug the leaks and grow the pipeline – Increase the number of women leaders transitioning from emerging to experienced executive leaders
- Reduce attrition of women to freelance consulting or small business as they progress through the leadership ladder
- Support women and organisations to drive culture change
How We Help
Our Community provides an opportunity to connect with like-minded women and build networks that support career goals.
Advise – our YPWA Connect Facebook group provides members with access to thought leaders in their field including free webinars, masterclasses and networking events.
Advocacy & Thought Leadership – we are active within our society to advocate for the issues affecting our members through research, contributing to current discussions through panels, publishing articles and supporting the development of internal women’s groups in organisations to drive change
Meet the Team
Founder & CEO
Kate is one of Australia’s leading experts on career, confidence and personal brand. She is a sought-after speaker mentor and facilitator who helps CEO’s, leaders and professional women achieve commercial, professional and personal success. In 2013 Kate decided to create YPWA, a community for professional women to help build supportive networks, provide professional development opportunities and seek advice.
Email Kate at [email protected]
Co-founder of Quantum Impact Group and co-author of Core Confidence; having worked in senior roles in in sales, marketing and brand strategy, Fiona understands the dynamics at play in organisations and how that impacts women’s careers. Fiona is an experienced executive coach and facilitator, who has worked with senior leaders, CEOs and C-suite executives to hone their talents and skills as well as address the roadblocks such as self-doubt, the inner critic and imposter syndrome that are holding them back.
Email Fiona at [email protected]